Thai Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ Medium onion chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tbsp Curry paste (choose green, red, yellow, Massaman, or Panang depending on your preference for spicy or mild, savory or sweet curry)
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb Chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 14 oz Coconut milk 3/4 Can
- 12 oz Green beans fresh or frozen
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. The actual amount of oil depends on the size of the pan. You want a thin coating on the bottom.
- Add 1/2 medium chopped onion and 1 medium chopped red bell pepper. Stir and cook until onion is translucent and getting soft.
- Add the Thai spices (including the salt or seasoning salt). The amount will depend on the brand of spice mix you use. I use about 4 teaspoons but for a different brand like a hot paste, use closer to 2 teaspoons.
- Stir until you start to smell the spices.
- Add the 1 pound chopped chicken pieces. Stir until almost cooked through.
- Add the 3/4 can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Add the 12 ounces fresh or frozen green beans. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer until green beans are al dente.
- Serve with juice of one lime.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories354
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 24g 120%
- Cholesterol 22mg 8%
- Sodium 59mg 3%
- Potassium 500mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 5g
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.