This Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole Recipe is a delicious breakfast option that is easy to prepare and always a hit!
Tex Mex Breakfast Casserole
- 14½ oz Potatoes, Canned or 1¾ cup Potatoes, Cooked, Chopped
- 2 Links cooked chorizo sausage, diced (3 1/2 ounces) I used Goya
- 2 cans, 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 cup Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 Large eggs
- ½ cup Chopped scallions
- ½ tsp Seasoned salt such as Adobo
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin
- 4 oz 1 small haas avocado, sliced
- 1 cup Chunky mild salsa
- Spray a 3-qt (9” x 13”) oblong glass Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray
- Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Top with chorizo, green chiles and 1 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, scallions and seasoning salt with a whisk until well blended. Pour over potato mixture.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight, if preparing the night before.
- When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and jalapeno slices.
- Bake 2 more minutes, until the cheese melts. To serve, cut into 10 squares and serve with salsa and avocado.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories248
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 38%
- Cholesterol 246.5mg 83%
- Sodium 561mg 24%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 15.5g 31%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.