The tamarind margarita offers a taste that every fan of tequila needs to try. It’s a captivating flavor combination, with the sweet and sour flavor of the tamarind playing wonderfully off the tequila. Accenting it with a chili pepper rim sets it over the top, resulting in a drink that is extraordinary and a nice change of pace.
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Silver tequila
- ½ cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup Each fresh lemon juice, lime juice, and orange juice
- ¾ cup Tamarind concentrate
- Kosher salt and ancho chile powder
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves for the simple syrup; let cool.
- Combine tequila, Triple Sec, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, and tamarind concentrate in a pitcher. Stir in simple syrup; chill margarita until ready to serve.
- To serve, combine salt and chile powder on plate. Rub rims of 4 glasses with a lime wedge; dip into salt mixture. Fill glasses with ice and top with margarita.
- % Daily Value *
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.