Popcorn is coated with brown sugar and corn syrup caramel then baked for a crunchy treat
Sweet Caramel Christmas Corn
THE CARAMEL, COMBINE
- 1 ½ cups Packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ Sticks unsalted butter (12 Tbsp.)
- ½ cup Lyle's Golden Syrup or light corn syrup
OFF HEAT, WHISK IN
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
SWEET CHRISTMAS CORN, POUR
- 18 cups Popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- For the caramel, combine brown sugar, butter, and syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir until butter melts. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Off heat, whisk in salt, vanilla, and baking soda.
- For the Sweet Christmas Corn, pour caramel over popcorn in a large nonstick roasting pan and stir to coat.
- Bake caramel corn 15 minutes, stir, and bake 15 minutes. Stir caramel corn and bake until set, 5–8 minutes more. Spread caramel corn onto a large sheet of aluminum foil to cool. Once cool, store in airtight containers.
- To avoid crystallizing caramel, don’t scrape sides or bottom of saucepan.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories190
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 200mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.