Swedish Walnut Butter Cookies
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened (16 Tbsp.)
- ⅔ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups Finely ground toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp. Vanilla paste or extract
- Powdered sugar
- Cream butter and 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2–3 minutes.
- Add flour, walnuts, and vanilla; mix on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 9-inch log. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° with racks in top and bottom thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice dough into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices; arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies until slightly puffed and edges are golden, 10–13 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool slightly.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar while still warm.
- You can slice and bake these cookies, or, for uniform-sized cookies, roll into little balls and flatten with a glass.
Swedish Walnut Butter Cookies are a simple shortbread-like treat. They’re rich in flavor from butter and nutty from toasted walnuts, plus they’re light in texture from powdered sugar mixed into the dough. You won’t be able to resist these delectable goodies.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories99
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 14mg 5%
- Sodium 1mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.