A delicious and easy homemade eggless strawberry ice cream recipe made with cream and strawberries. The perfect summer dessert recipe
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 lb Strawberries ripe, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract optional
- 13 oz 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup 500 ml cream , full fat, for whipping
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F (standard) or 140C / 285F with shelf in the middle.
- Pile strawberries on a tray. Sprinkle over sugar. Toss through, then spread strawberries out on tray.
- Roast for 45 minutes, rotating tray halfway. Remove from oven, toss strawberries, then return to oven for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it – don't want juices to become toffee and stick to tray.
- Remove from oven, use spatula to scrape into a food processor, being sure to get all the juices and caramelised bits off the tray.
- Blitz until smooth as possible (caramelised bits won't blitz smooth), scrape into bowl then cool completely.
ICE CREAM MIXTURE
- Add condensed milk and vanilla into strawberries. Beat well for 1 1/2 minutes on high to aerate and combine.
- Place cream in another bowl. Use electric beater to beat into stiff peaks – about 3 minutes on high.
- Add a dollop of cream into the strawberry mixture. Fold through gently, don't beat in furiously (see video for technique). When mostly mixed through, add another dollop and for through about 5 times.
- Tip strawberry mixture into the cream bowl. Gently fold through until it's a uniform pink colour – about 15 to 20 folds max.
FREEZING & SERVING
- Pour mixture into a container (preferably glass with airtight lid), smooth top
- Place sheet of baking paper on surface and press out air bubbles (stops icicles forming). Cover with lid, freeze 12+ hours.
- Remove from freezer, remove paper. Scoop with ice cream scooper and serve in cones or bowls!