- ¾ cup Rolled oats / oatmeal quick cooking is ok
- ¾ White Flour plain/all purpose
- ¾ Brown sugar loosely packed
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter , melted
- 2 lb Strawberries , ripe
- 2 ½ tsp Cornflour / cornstarch
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup White sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream , dollop cream or custard
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Place all ingredients except butter in a bowl. Mix to combine. Add butter and mix to incorporate.
- Hull / cut top off strawberries. Cut larger ones in half, leave small ones whole (2cm / 4/5" height).
- Place strawberries in bowl. Scatter over cornflour, toss well to coat evenly
- Add sugar, water and vanilla. Mix well.
ASSEMBLE AND BAKE
- Pour strawberries into a baking pan. Crumble over topping, using your fingers to get some nice crumbly chunks.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the Topping is deep golden and the strawberry syrup is bubbling up energetically all around the edges – see video, this is a key sign that the strawberry sauce has thickened sufficiently.
- Stand for a few minutes before serving with ice cream or your choice of topping.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories444
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Cholesterol 36mg 12%
- Sodium 15mg 1%
- Potassium 464mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 42g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.