These quick, homemade cookies offer something special to delight your friends, family, coworkers … and even Santa. Kick up a plain chocolate cookie recipe with the beloved flavors of Nutella — chocolate and hazelnut. These cookies are soft and chewy, and are rolled in chopped hazelnuts for even more nutty flavor.
- #30 Scoop
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, softened (8 Tbsp.)
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Finely chopped hazelnuts
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed, 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating to fully incorporate before adding the next. Add hazelnut spread and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Chill dough 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with a #30 scoop (scant 3 Tbsp.); roll in hazelnuts. Bake cookies, six at a time, until edges are set, about 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets.
- For chewy centers and crisp edges, remove the cookies from the oven when the centers look underdone.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories178
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 28mg 10%
- Sodium 85mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.