The combination of caramel and chai tea in an oatmeal base cookie. These cookies mix the exotic flavors of sweet cinnamon, spicy ginger and fragrant cardamom of chai tea with the class taste of oatmeal cookies
Oatmeal-Chai Caramel Cookies
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 Double-spice chai tea bags, such as Stash brand (about 1 Tbsp. tea leaves)
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened (16 Tbsp.)
- 1 ½ cups Packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1 bag caramel bits (11 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, tea leaves, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on low speed; beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and caramel bits to incorporate.
- Scoop dough with a #30 scoop (about 2 Tbsp.) onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden but still moist beneath cracks on top, 13–15 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet 3 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories135
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 18mg 6%
- Sodium 100mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.