Ginger & Lemon Tea
- 1 Lemon, juice of, plus half of the lemon rind sliced
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme (roughly chopped)
- 3 cm Fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 tsp Honey (or more to taste)
- 3-4 cup Boiling Water
- In your favourite teapot or plunger (I use my glass coffee plunger that holds 3 & 1/2 cups)combine the lemon juice, rind, cinnamon, thyme, ginger and honey.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- Place lid on and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- If using a plunger, plunge down and pour liquid into mug to drink hot or pour into a jug and place in fridge to chill. (I just place plunger into fridge as is).
- To make another batch just add more of everything except the cinnamon and pour over more boiling water and wait another 5mins and plunge again.
- Sip and enjoy
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories24.6
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 7.5mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 1%
- Sugars 6.1g
- Protein 0.1g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.