Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
- 1 ½ cup Packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Water
- 12 oz Semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cup Confectioners' sugar
- ⅓ cup Butter, softened
- 4-6 Drops peppermint extract or 4 -6 drops mint extract
- 2 Drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and water in large, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Add chocolate bits; cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute;.
- Remove unto wire racks& cool.
- Beat confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup butter and mint extract in large mixer bowl.
- Add milk until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons filling onto flat side of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, flat side down.
- Squeeze together gently.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories125
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14%
- Cholesterol 18.9mg 7%
- Sodium 123.3mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
- Sugars 14.2g
- Protein 1.1g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.