Chocolate Mint Candy (Fudge)
- 2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 14 oz 1 can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 oz White candy coating
- 2-3 tsp Peppermint extract
- 3 Drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; (I personally prefer to line the pan with foil and grease the foil with butter) chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories64
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9%
- Cholesterol 2.7mg 1%
- Sodium 10.9mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 2%
- Sugars 7.8g
- Protein 0.9g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.