Nothing says “I love you” like a rich chocolate dessert. These are based off of a New York favorite called Chubbies. With cocoa, and both bar chocolate and chips for depth, plus an abundance of toasted nuts, these are certain to become a new favorite. They’re truly irresistible.
Chocolate Chubby Cookies with Pecans and Walnuts
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Cooling rack
- 0.5-Ounce Stainless Steel Scoop
- Half-Sheet Pan
- KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
- 9" Wire Whisk
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- High-Heat Scraper
- 2-Quart Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon Set
- 10-inch skillet
- 8" Chef's Knife
- Stanton Trading 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- 1 cup Chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. Bittersweet bar chocolate (60%), finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. Instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- Toast pecans and walnuts in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 5–7 minutes.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until nearly smooth; cool slightly. Whisk together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and almond extract in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until thickened, 2 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture, then flour mixture. Stir in pecans, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill at least 2 hours, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop ½-oz. dough balls (generous 2 tsp.) onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake cookies until still slightly soft, 10–11 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets, ⏰ 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Amount Per ServingCalories99
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 9mg 3%
- Sodium 37mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.