Fudgy, chocolate brownies just got better with the addition of port-soaked cherries. And the best part — they’re bite-sized, which means not only are they cute, but you can enjoy a sweet little treat without going overboard (unless you want to!).
Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 8 oz. Frozen tart cherries, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Ruby port (optional)
THE BROWNIES, WHISK
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- tsp. Instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 oz. Bittersweet bar chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
THE GLAZE, WHISK
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Tbsp. milk
- For the cherries, combine cherries, sugar, and port in a bowl; set aside, stirring periodically.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line three 12-cup mini muffin pans with paper liners, coat with nonstick spray.
- For the brownies, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave; stir until melted and smooth.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until thick and light yellow, about 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate mixture and flour mixture.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, about 1 Tbsp. each.
- Drain cherries and press one into each brownie. Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 18 minutes; remove from oven to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over brownies.