Ganache is strictly chocolate that is melted and thinned out with cream
Chocolate Ganache and Marshmallow Topping
THE GANACHE, HEAT
- ⅓ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tsp. Light corn syrup
- 4 oz. Milk bar chocolate, finely chopped
MARSHMALLOW TOPPING, SPRINKLE
- 1 pkg. Unflavored gelatin (.25 oz.)
- ¼ cup Cold water
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Light corn syrup
- ¼ cup Water
- ⅛ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- heat cream and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium until simmering. Pour cream over chocolate in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Let ganache stand until thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour
The Marshmallow Topping
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Boil sugar, corn syrup, ¼ cup water, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture reaches 240° on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes; immediately remove from heat.
- Slowly drizzle syrup down side of mixer bowl into gelatin mixture, mixing with whisk attachment on low speed. Once all syrup is added, gradually increase speed to high
- Whip mixture until billowy and lukewarm, about 6 minutes.
- Add vanilla to mixture during last minute of whipping.
- ⅔ cup Ganache; 2 cups topping
- Prepare the ganache first, then whip up the marshmallow topping while the ganache sets up.