Sundaes are a summer tradition that shouldn’t end because you’re being more calorie-conscious. Being able to enjoy this creamy, decadent, old-fashioned treat for only 205 calories is the cherry on top of this sundae!
Cherry Frozen Yogurt Sundaes with Root Beer Syrup
FOR THE FROZEN YOGURT
- 3 cups 2% plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pitted and chopped fresh sweet cherries
FOR THE ROOT BEER SYRUP
- 1 Bottle root beer (12 oz.)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Whisk together yogurt, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup until sugar dissolves. Chill yogurt mixture at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Pour yogurt mixture into the chilled canister of an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. When yogurt is thick and nearly churned, add the chopped cherries. Transfer frozen yogurt to an airtight freezer-safe container; freeze until solid.
- Stir together root beer and sugar for the syrup in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 25 minutes. (You should have about 1/2 cup syrup.) Chill syrup until ready to serve.
- Thaw frozen yogurt at room temperature 10–15 minutes for easier scooping. To serve, scoop 1/2 cup frozen yogurt into each sundae glass. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. syrup over each serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories205
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 4mg 2%
- Sodium 42mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.