The Blackberry Royal is champagne cocktail flavored with a Blackberry Shrub well infused and full of flavor. Makes the most delicious, alcoholic drink when mixed with gin and lots of ice.
Blackberry Shrub Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- 100 ml. Gordon's® London Dry Gin
- 500 gm. Blackberries
- 1 tsp. Lavender
- 265 g. Caster Sugar
- 200 ml. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 75 ml. Tonic Water
- 4 pcs. Blackberries
- 1 Sprig(s)Lavender
- Gently wash the blackberries and place into a large clean jar and add the caster sugar and lavender.
- Secure a muslin square/cover over the opening of the jar. Place into the fridge and gently rock/shake daily for about 2-3 days until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the fruit has macerated for a few days place in a pan with the vinegar and gently bring to a very light simmer on a med/low heat for about 5 minutes, softening the fruit.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature then strain through sieve into a jug, pushing it through with the back of a spoon.
- Sieve the collected liquid again, this time using a piece of muslin over the sieve, to get a finer shrub.
- Pour 100ml of shrub into a bottle, seal, label and store in the fridge.Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 months.
- In a shaker add the Gordon’s gin, blackberry & lavender shrub, lemon juice and ice. Shake for at least 1 minute.
- Strain into 2 tall tumbler glasses filled with ice and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with blackberries and a sprig of lavender.