To serve the shortcakes with this alternate topping, make them as detailed in the Bananas Foster Shortcakes recipe, but omit the chocolate chunks. Instead of the strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, whip up this liqueur-spiked option, full of bananas and sweet-tart pineapple.
Bananas Foster Shortcake Topping
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp. Dark rum
- 2 tbsp. Banana liqueur, optional
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups Sliced banana, 1-inch thick (about 4)
- 1 cup Diced fresh pineapple
- 6 Bananas Foster Shortcakes
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped toasted pecans
- Add bananas and simmer until warmed through, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in pineapple.
- To assemble, halve shortcakes horizontally; coat cut sides with Foster sauce. Place bottoms on serving dishes, cut side up, then top with fruit mixture, ice cream, nuts, and remaining shortcake halves.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories638
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 19g 95%
- Cholesterol 90mg 30%
- Sodium 514mg 22%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.