Bananas Foster Crêpes
- ½ cup All purpose or white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup 1% milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 Large egg
- ½ tsp Oil, olive or grapeseed
- nonstick spray
- 1 ½ tsp Salted butter, coconut oil for dairy-free
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices on the bias
- ¾ cup Vanilla ice cream, or dairy-free ice cream
Crepes (makes 6)
- In a blender, blend flour, milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown.
- Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining crepe mixture until you have 6.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and let the sauce simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced bananas, gently spooning the sauce over each piece and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bananas are glossy and coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the bananas in the center of each crepe and fold the left and right side of the crepes to cover.
- Top each crepe with 2 tablespoons ice cream, and any pan juices from the bananas on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve right away.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories185
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Cholesterol 42.5mg 15%
- Sodium 49mg 3%
- Protein 4.5g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.