This foolproof recipe for making boneless air fryer chicken breast that’s perfectly juicy every time!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast – No Breading
- kosher salt
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- Olive oil spray
- ¾ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Dried parsley
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ⅛ Cayenne pepper
- Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
- Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of lukewarm water and add 1/4 cup kosher salt, stir to dissolve.
- Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours to brine. Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Spritz the chicken with oil and rub all over, then rub the spice mix over the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer. Add the chicken to the air fryer basket and cook in batches 380F turning halfway, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat an oven safe or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is very hot.
- Place the chicken on the hot skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 165F inserted in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories208
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 124.5mg 42%
- Sodium 77mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 39g 78%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.