Spicy Thai Chicken and Brown Rice Bowls
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion
- ¼ tsp Morton Kosher Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Thai Bird Chile
- 1 tsp Morton Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup Chopped Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 4 Basil Leaves
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or pot with a fitted lid.
- Add onions and season with pinch of kosher salt; cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and ground ginger; cook for 20 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in chopped chili and add water; season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir once, and bring to a boil again.
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to a simmer; continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes with the lid still on.
- Remove lid and stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish with prepared peanuts, basil, and cilantro.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories274
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 8mg 1%
- Potassium 190mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.