These sandwiches don’t require freezer time. In fact, they taste best if they’re smooshed together just before serving. Try them with either the Sweet Cream Ice Cream or the cherry variation.
Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened (8 Tbsp.)
- ½ cup Packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Rolled oats
- ½ cup Chopped dried cherries
- 1 Recipe Sweet Cream Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium-high, cream together butter, brown and granulated sugars, egg, and vanilla until mixture is light in color and creamy.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture until no flour is visible. Fold in oats and cherries; cover and chill 30 minutes. Using a #30 scoop (2–3 Tbsp.), transfer cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until golden but still moist beneath cracks, 11–13 minutes. Remove cookies from oven; let cool on baking sheet, 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Scoop ⅓–½ cup ice cream onto cookie placed top down. Top ice cream with another cookie; press firmly to flatten ice cream in middle of the sandwich. Serve sandwiches immediately.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories637
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 22g 111%
- Cholesterol 172mg 58%
- Sodium 282mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 10g 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.