Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups with Ricotta and Herbs
- 3 Medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh basil, finely chopped
- 24 Whole basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Tomato sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove both ends from the zucchini. Use a mandoline or sharp chef's knife to slice the zucchini lengthwise into slices 1/4-inch thick. Lightly brush each side of the zucchini slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper just before placing on the grill. Place zucchini on the grill in a single layer; don't let the slices overlap — cook in batches if necessary. Cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. When done, the zucchini should feel soft enough to roll and have light grill marks. Remove the zucchini from the grill, and place on a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, basil, mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground black pepper, and stir together.
- At this point, both the zucchini and cheese mixture can be refrigerated for a few days, until you're ready to serve.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese across a strip of zucchini. Place a whole basil leaf at one end of the zucchini, and starting at that end, roll up the zucchini. Set aside, and repeat with the remainder of the slices.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories154
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5.3g 27%
- Sodium 377.9mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
- Sugars 2.6g
- Protein 7.5g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.