Don’t miss out on these sweet-and-spicy Pineapple Salmon Skewers from for your next grilling extravaganza!
Grilled Salmon Skewers with sriracha caramel
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Pastry Brush Set
- Bamboo Double Skewers
- 3 Tbsp. Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Each red wine vinegar and honey
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh garlic
- 1½ lb. Skinned salmon fillet, cut into 1–2-inch cubes
- ¾ cup Water, divided
- ⅓ cup Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 16 Scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 16 Chunks fresh pineapple (1-inch)
- 16 Slices pickled ginger
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and garlic; add salmon and marinate while making caramel. Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Combine ½ cup water, fish sauce, and Sriracha. Combine sugar and remaining ¼ cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Lightly swirl and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is the color of iced tea, 5–7 minutes.
- Immediately place bottom of saucepan into bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Carefully add fish sauce mixture to the caramel. (Caramel will bubble furiously.) Return caramel to medium heat and whisk until smooth. Cook caramel until slightly syrupy, 1–2 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread salmon, scallions, pineapple, and ginger onto two skewers. Repeat procedure 7 more times with remaining salmon, scallions, pineapple, and ginger.
- Serve skewers with remaining Sriracha caramel.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories227
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 45mg 15%
- Sodium 1243mg 52%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 20g 40%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.