Grilled Doughnut Strawberry Shortcake
- 6 cups Fresh strawberries hulled + halved
- 2-4 tbsp Glespoons granulated sugar depending on your sweetness preference
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 Glazed Doughnut
WHIPPED RICOTTA CREAM
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 16 oz Whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla, tossing well to combine. Let the berries sit at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes until the berries have released their juices.
- After 30 minutes at room temperature the berries can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- Meanwhile prepare the cream. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand held mixer) fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the ricotta and heavy cream, continue to whip until the the ricotta is smooth and the cream has fluffed, about 6-8 minutes. Add the vanilla and whip until combined. Keep the cream covered in the fridge until ready to assemble your shortcakes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill doughnuts until lightly caramelized, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Watch closely, they can burn easily because of the sugar. Allow the doughnuts to cool slightly and then slice in half. Fill each doughnut with strawberries and a dollop of cream
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories202
- % Daily Value *
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.