What do you get when you combine two favorite sweets — cheesecake and chocolate — into one indulgent dessert? The wonderfully rich, smooth, and irresistible eating experience of Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake.
Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- 3.5" Paring Knife
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- High-Heat Scraper
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 5-Quart Stand Mixer
- Instant Espresso Powder
- 2-Quart Double Boiler
- 9" Springform Pan
- 14-Cup Food Processor
THE CRUST, PROCESS
- 2 sleeves chocolate graham crackers (18 crackers, or 2 ¼ cups crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.), melted
THE CHEESECAKE, MELT
- 12 oz. Bittersweet bar chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. Instant espresso powder
- 1 lb. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
THE GANACHE, HEAT
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 4 oz. Semisweet chocolate chips (¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- For the crust, process graham crackers, sugar, and salt in a food processor until fine. Drizzle in melted butter and process until combined. Press crumbs into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake, melt chocolate with butter and espresso powder in a double boiler; cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add melted chocolate mixture to batter and beat until combined.
- Fold whipped cream and vanilla into batter, then pour into crust; bake until edges are set but center is still jiggly, 40–45 minutes.
- Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven with door closed, 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. Let cheesecake cool completely, cover, and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the ganache, heat cream in a microwave in a heatproof bowl on high until boiling, 1–2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and let sit 2 minutes, then stir until smooth. Let ganache cool 5 minutes. Drizzle cheesecake with ganache.
- To serve, remove sides from the pan, then slice with a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry before each slice.
- For the best flavor and texture, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to serve it.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories503
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 22g 111%
- Cholesterol 122mg 41%
- Sodium 213mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.