Dinner isn’t complete without something sweet. These rich, cinnamon-laced chocolate soufflés are totally decadent and over-the-top—just perfect for occasions when you want to indulge.
- Unsalted butter and sugar
- ⅓ cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- ½ tsp. Instant espresso powder
- ½ tsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Sugar, divided
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Egg yolk
- ⅛ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Egg white
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 recipe Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat two 6-oz. soufflé cups with butter and sugar. Chill cups on a baking sheet while preparing batter.
- Melt chocolate chips with milk, liqueur, espresso powder, cornstarch, ½ tsp. sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking until smooth.
- Combine yolk and vanilla, then whisk into chocolate mixture. Cook 2 minutes, remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar and salt with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1½ tsp. sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form (whites stand up when beaters are lifted from bowl). Using a whisk, blend whites into chocolate mixture until there are no streaks. Fill prepared cups with batter; bake on the baking sheet until soufflés puff, about 20 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer into the center of a soufflé — soufflé is done when skewer comes out clean or slightly moist.
- To serve, cut a small slit in top of each soufflé. Pour Dulce de Leche Sauce into soufflés, allowing sauce to pool and drip down sides.
- Top soufflés with whipped cream and pecans. Serve immediately.
- Prepare Dulce de Leche Sauce ahead of time or while soufflés bake.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories204
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 91mg 31%
- Sodium 51mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.