Ice cream sandwiches go gourmet with chewy balsamic vinegar-enhanced chocolate cookies sandwiching sweet strawberry ice cream
Chocolate-Balsamic Ice Cream Sandwiches with Strawberry Ice Cream
- #40 Scoop
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Parchment Sheets
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 cup Shortening (16 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Recipe Strawberry Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Reduce vinegar in a saucepan over medium-high heat to ¼ cup, 15 minutes; let cool.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in reduced vinegar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by #40 scoop (about 1½ Tbsp.) onto prepared baking sheets and gently flatten tops. Bake cookies until edges are just set, 9–10 minutes; cool completely on baking sheets, then freeze.
- Assemble ice cream sandwiches by scooping ice cream with a #20 cookie scoop (about 3 Tbsp.) onto flat side of one cookie. Place flat side of a second cookie on top of ice cream and press until ice cream meets edge of cookie; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze, at least 4 hours.
- Let ice cream sandwiches sit at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories337
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Cholesterol 51mg 17%
- Sodium 291mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.