Air Fryer Shrimp Sandwich is made with crispy shrimp served on a soft potato bun with lettuce and homemade tartar sauce, the perfect summer sandwich.
Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
- 14 – 16 oz. 20 about raw peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- 1 Large egg beaten
- ⅓ cup Dry seasoned panko crumbs
- ½ cup Whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
- 1 Head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 Whole wheat 100 calorie potato buns, (round or long)
- ¼ cup Reduced fat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. Light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. Kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the tartar sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat it. Combine panko, and breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Using a fork, place shrimp 1 at a time into the egg, then into the crumbs, then onto a plate in a single layer while breading the rest.
- Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then transfer oil side down to the fryer basket in a single layer in batches.
- Spray the other side with oil and air fry 400F 4 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook 2 more minutes, or until golden. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- On 4 buns, divide the shrimp on each, top with lettuce and 2 1/2 tablespoons tartar sauce on the top side of the bun.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories352
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Cholesterol 228mg 76%
- Sodium 873mg 37%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7g 29%
- Sugars 6.5g
- Protein 34.5g 69%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.