- 1 small or 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 1/2 pounds Heirloom tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- ¼ cup Packed fresh herbs, such as basil, cilantro, dill, parsley, or a combination, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the onion in small bowl and cover with cold water. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, about 10 minute
- Core the tomatoes and slice into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons. Place in a large bowl. Add the herbs, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drain the onions and add to the bowl. Toss to combine and let stand for at least 10 or up to 30 minutes before serving.
- Taste and season with more salt, pepper, vinegar, or oil as needed.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories90
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
- Sodium 243.4mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7%
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 1.2g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.