- 1/2 cup cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated, peeled, and seeded English cucumber, divided
- 1 honeydew melon, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups club soda
- Heat water, sugar, and ¼ cup cucumber in a saucepan over medium-high for the simple syrup until sugar dissolves. Off heat, stir remaining ¼ cup cucumber into syrup; let cool to room temperature, then strain and discard solids
- Purée melon in a blender; strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Reserve juice and discard solids.
- Muddle mint in a pitcher with simple syrup until fragrant. Stir in melon juice, rum, and lime juice; chill. Just before serving, stir in club soda and serve over ice.