This intensely flavored winter cocktail turns the beloved Black Forest cake into a rich and decadent hot chocolate with cherry liqueur.
Black Forest Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Cherry liqueur
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 oz. Bittersweet bar chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz. Semisweet bar chocolate, finely chopped
- Whipped cream
- Reduce cherry liqueur in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until syrupy, 10–12 minutes.
- Whisk in cream until cherry mixture dissolves, then whisk in milk and sugar; bring to a simmer.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate, cover, let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Garnish hot chocolate with whipped cream
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Cholesterol 29mg 10%
- Sodium 17mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.