Zeppole [ZEHP-poh-leh] is an Italian doughnut-type pastry found at most East Coast fairs and carnivals. Light and airy, zeppoles are great as both a brunch offering or an afternoon treat.
- 2 qt. Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Purchased pizza dough, divided into golf ball-sized portions
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- Heat oil in a 7–8 quart pot over medium-high to 375°.
- Stretch and flatten dough pieces.
- Drop dough into oil 1 piece at a time; fry in batches of 4 or 5 until puffed and golden brown, 1–2 minutes per side. Drain fried dough on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat frying with remaining dough.
- Serve fried dough warm with whipped cream, jam, and raspberries
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories73
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 76mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.