This simple, Whole Roasted Baby Cauliflower is perfectly charred on the outside and tender in the middle. Made with just four ingredients – salted water, extra-virgin olive oil, coarse sea salt—and cauliflower.
Whole Roasted Baby Cauliflower
- 1 Small head cauliflower with leaves
- 2 gals. Water
- ¼ cup Course sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Best-quality Olive oil extra-virgin, divided
- serve with tahini, optional
- Preheat oven to 550°F with oven rack in center of oven. Trim stem of cauliflower, keeping leaves intact, so it will sit level on a sheet pan.
- Bring 2 gallons water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Stir in salt until dissolved.
- Add the cauliflower, placing something over the cauliflower to keep it submerged.
- Boil until very tender, 12 to 13 minutes.
- Carefully lift the cauliflower from water and drain. Transfer to the sheet pan, stem side down.
- Use a brush and brush the cauliflower with olive oil all over. Sprinkle remaining sea salt and bake in preheated oven until browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Broil 2 minutes. Serve hot.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories46.5
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Sodium 600mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
- Sugars 1.5g
- Protein 1.5g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.