A few sips of agua fresca [AH-gwah FREHS-kuh] — a mix of fresh fruit juice, water, and citrus — and you’ll be refreshed. In-season watermelon is great for this beverage without being cloying — adjust the amount of sugar based on the fruit’s sweetness.
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 5 lb. Seedless watermelon (about 1 large)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Sprig fresh mint
- 1 Jalapeño, stemmed (optional)
- ¾ cup Superfine sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- Purée watermelon, water, mint, and jalapeño in a blender in batches. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids.
- Whisk sugar and lime juice into watermelon juice. Serve agua fresca over ice.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories160
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 5mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.