Try this healthy twist on classic Deviled Eggs with colorful vegetable purees in the mix Veggie Deviled Eggs boost flavor, nutrition and color!
Veggie Deviled Eggs
- 8 Lg. Eggs
- ¼ cup Plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Veggie puree sweet potato, beet, peas, fresh avocado, baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. White-wine vinegar or lime juice
- ¼ tsp. Salt or more to taste
- ¼ cup Chives finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. Paprika (optional)
- Boil eggs either on the stove or Instant Pot. Place in ice water and let eggs cool.
- Choose one vegetable for the filling and prepare the puree. Steam 1/4 cup of your vegetable until tender. After cooked mash with a fork or puree using a food processor or blender. If you choose spinach, steam 2 cups fresh spinach until just wilted, pat dry, and puree in a food processor. Set vegetable aside to cool. (You can of course cook a larger batch of whichever vegetable you choose and save it for another meal or recipe!)
- Peel the eggs and slice each in half lengthwise. Place the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, one variety of vegetable puree, mustard, vinegar, and salt, and mash with a fork to combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust the salt as needed.
- Spoon filling into a quart-size zip top bag or piping bag. Place into the fridge until just before serving. When ready to serve, snip off one corner of the bag and pipe filling into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and paprika for an added flare. Serve immediately