These turkey burgers with fried zucchini are a great way to show off those summer zucchini
Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
- 6 oz. Grated zucchini, when squeezed 4.25 oz
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup Seasoned whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 Clove garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Grated red onion
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- oil spray
- Squeeze ALL the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties, 4 ounces each, not too thick so they cook in the center.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.
- If grilling: Clean grill well before cooking and spray with oil spray to prevent sticking. Cook the burgers on medium heat about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Squeeze out all the moisture well from the zucchini using paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties, 4 ounces each, 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370F.
- Cook in a single layer in two batches 10 minutes, turning half way until browned and cooked through in the center.
- *Use gluten-free crumbs for gluten-free diets.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories161
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
- Sodium 385mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 18g 36%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.