These fruit desserts look like they take a lot of time and effort, but luckily they come together in a snap. These strawberry trifles are full of flavor and textures, making them a satisfying after-dinner treat.
Strawberry & Coconut Trifles with Rum Flavored Wafers
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- 8" Chef's Knife
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 1 lb. Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ⅓ cup Coconut rum (such as Malibu), divided
- 3 tbsp. Granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 24 Vanilla wafers
- 1 cup Sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup Chopped macadamia nuts
- Toss strawberries with 2 Tbsp. rum and 1 Tbsp. sugar; let macerate, stirring occasionally.
- Whip cream, remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Dip vanilla wafers in remaining rum and place 3 each in bottom of 4 glasses. Top wafers with a layer of strawberries, 2 Tbsp. each toasted coconut and macadamia nuts, and ¼ cup whipped cream. Repeat layering once more, ending with whipped cream.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories640
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 24g 120%
- Cholesterol 86mg 29%
- Sodium 206mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.