These delicious apricot spice snickerdoodles can be made in about 30 minutes and are perfect for a crowd or party.
Spicy Apricot Snickerdoodles
- ¾ cup Chopped almonds
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened (16 Tbsp.)
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp. Almond extract
- ¾ cup Chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast almonds, spread out on a baking sheet, in the preheating oven until fragrant and lightly browned, 8–10 minutes. Remove almonds from the oven.
- Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and 1½ cups sugar in a large bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, until mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and almond extract to creamed mixture; beat on low speed until well blended. Add half of the flour mixture; beat on low until ingredients are combined. Add remaining flour, beating only until flour is incorporated into dough.
- Fold almonds and apricots into dough until evenly distributed. Cover dough; chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a shallow bowl.
- Shape dough into 1½-inch balls. Roll dough balls in the spiced sugar. Transfer cookies to the prepared cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until edges begin to brown lightly, 12–13 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. table salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (16 Tbsp.)
- 1 ½ cups sugar