S’mores are never out of season, and this s’mores bars recipe proves just that. With these baked bars you can get your s’mores fix without having to pitch a tent. Made with peanut butter cup candy bars, this treat is undeniably addictive.
- 1 Stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.), softened
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 egg 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 18 Graham crackers (to make 2 cups crumbs)
- ⅓ cup All-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 12 Peanut butter cup candy bars, quartered (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups Miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a bowl with a mixer. The mixture will look curdled—it’s okay.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Reserve ⅔ cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into pan (layer will be thin). Bake crust until golden around the edges, 15 minutes.
- Top hot crust with peanut butter cups, marshmallows, and chocolate chips; press lightly to adhere. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture in clumps over the top and press lightly. Bake bars until marshmallows are puffed and just beginning to turn golden, 18–20 minutes.
- Cool bars for at least 30 minutes before cutting. To prevent the marshmallows from sticking, coat the blade of the knife with nonstick spray before and during cutting.