Red onion, lemon, capers, and dill are traditionally served with lox, cream cheese, and bagels. Here we’ve turned these tasty ingredients into the ultimate party appetizer. This Smoked Salmon Cheeseball served with rye cocktail toasts can (and should) be made ahead, plus it makes enough that you won’t have to worry about running out, or having to replenish half way through the party.
Smoked Salmon Cheese Ball
- 2 pkg. Cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened
- ⅓ cup Minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped fresh dill
- Chopped zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 tsp. Caper liquid
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 oz. Cold-smoked salmon, chopped
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, onion, chopped dill, zest, lemon juice, capers, and caper liquid in a bowl with a hand mixer until combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Fold salmon into cheese mixture, then spoon mixture into prepared bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill cheese ball until firm, 2 hours.
- Top cheese ball with dill sprigs and serve with rye cocktail toasts.
- Amount Per ServingCalories36
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Cholesterol 11mg 4%
- Sodium 55mg 3%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.