These everything bagel flatbreads, which are great for breakfast or breakfast-for-dinner combine two of my favorite foods – everything bagel seasoning!
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Flatbread
- 1 cup 5 oz all purpose or white whole wheat flour*
- 1½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup Non-fat Greek yogurt,
- Olive oil spray
- Everything Bagel Seasoning,
- ½ Red onion, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 oz. 1/2 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, sliced thin
- 4 oz Smoked salmon or nova lox
- 2 Tbsp. Capers, drained
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- *For gluten free suggest Cup 4 Cup flour.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place a silicone liner on a large baking sheet or spray with oil if using parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns.
- Divide into 4 equal balls about 3-3/8 oz each.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with a little flour roll the dough out into thin ovals 7 to 8 inches in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spritz the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning in a 1-inch boarder around the edge.
- Combine half of the red onion with olive oil, scatter the onion in the center of each.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 10 to 14 minutes, until the crust is golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and dallop cream cheese in the center of each, leaving the edge clear.
- Top with tomato, then salmon and top with capers and dill
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- When the air fryer is ready, transfer the dough, to the basket and bake until firm and golden, 5 to 6 minutes turning once half way. Repeat with the remaining dough.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories247
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 11.5mg 4%
- Sodium 980mg 41%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 15.5g 31%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.