Skinny Chicken Biryani
- 1 cup Plain fat-free yogurt
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup Reduced-sodium chicken broth warmed
- 1 Pinch saffron threads, if desired
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup Diced onion
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 4 cup Cooked basmati rice (or other white rice)
- In medium bowl, stir together yogurt sauce ingredients, reserving half of the mint for garnish; cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken broth in small bowl, and add saffron threads. Set aside.
- Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add butter; heat until foaming. Add chicken; brown on all sides, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate, using slotted spoon.
- Add onion and salt to same skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garam masala; cook 1 minute longer or until fragrant.
- Add broth mixture, stirring first if using saffron threads. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 3 to 5 minutes longer to allow flavors to combine.
- Divide rice among 4 shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture, yogurt sauce and remaining mint.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories360
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 60mg 20%
- Sodium 340mg 15%
- Potassium 440mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 26g 52%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.