- 1 French bread, cut crosswise into thirty 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ lb Bacon or 1/4 lb pancetta
- ¾ lb Shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Light mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 2 tbsp Basil, fresh chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 3 oz Baby arugula
- 4 Small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until just crisp. Let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta slices or bacon in an even layer and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each of the baguette slices. Top with an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a scant tablespoon of the shrimp salad. Sprinkle with the crumbled pancetta and serve.
- Make Ahead The shrimp salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- % Daily Value *
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.