Channel your romantic state of mind this Valentine’s Day, and set the mood with a cocktail…or three!
Flowers and chocolates are great and all…but how about we switch it up this year! Whether you’re spending the night in or just having a drink before dinner, these romantic cocktails will surely impress your date this Valentine’s Day.
1. Keep It Spicy
Turn up the heat with some spicy margs.
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1-2 Slices of Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 tsp Agave Syrup
- 2 oz Grapefruit Juice
- 2 oz Silver Tequila
- Club Soda
- In a cocktail shaker, combine lime juice, jalapeño, and agave. Muddle a few times.
- Fill shaker with ice. Pour in grapefruit juice and tequila. Shake until chilled.
- Rim a highball glass with pink Himalayan salt, then fill with ice.
- Strain chilled contents from shaker into the glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with another slice of jalapeño and a small wedge of grapefruit.
2. Sweet As Honey
Sweet with a kick, just like love can be!
- 2 oz Gin
- ¾ oz Honey Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice (plus lemon peel)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Serve with a lemon twist.
- Honey simple syrup: In a small pot, combine ½ cup honey and ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer and stir until honey is dissolved. Cool and pour into a resealable glass container. Refrigerate any unused syrup.
3. Old Fashioned Love Song
Nothing says romance better than a 1920s classic.
- 2 oz Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
- ¾ oz Creme De Cacao
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- Chocolate Bitters
- Orange Twist
- Fresh Cocktail Cherries