With minimal ingredients, little preparation, and quick-cooking time, this sushi-inspired salmon dinner is as easy as calling for carryout.
Sesame-Crusted Salmon with Wasabi Dipping Sauce
FOR THE SAUCE, WHISK
- ¼ cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Wasabi paste
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Minced scallions
FOR THE SALMON, COMBINE
- 1 Tbsp. Each black and toasted white sesame seeds
- 4 Salmon fillets (5 oz. each), skin removed
- 1 Tbsp. Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450° with rack in top third.
- For the sauce, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, wasabi paste, and honey; stir in scallions.
- For the salmon, combine black and white sesame seeds. Coat salmon with nonstick spray and top with sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add salmon, seed sides up; cook until bottom is crisp, 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to top rack of oven and roast salmon to desired doneness, or until a thermometer inserted into salmon registers 140° for medium-well, 3–4 minutes more. Serve salmon with sauce
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories281
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 75mg 25%
- Sodium 790mg 33%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 32g 64%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.