Salted Caramel Stuffed Brownies
- 7 oz Unsalted butter 200g
- 7 oz Dark chocolate 200g
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 3 Eggs lightly whisked
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (or essence)
- ½ cup Plain flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 14 oz Can sweetened condensed milk 395g
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup or maple syrup
- 2 oz Unsalted butter 60g
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 170C/340F.
- Butter and line a 8 x 8” / 20 x 20 cm square tin with parchment (baking) paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl placed over a small amount of simmering water in a pot. (Note 3) Leave it until the chocolate and butter are melted – about 5 minutes. Mix to combine until smooth, then remove the bowl from the pot and allow to cool slightly – 5 minutes
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract into the chocolate and mix well to combine. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of brownie batter and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared tin.
- Pour over the Salted Caramel, spreading it to cover the brownie batter.
- Dollop the reserved 1/2 cup of brownie batter randomly over the Salted Caramel. Use a knife or skewer to make “swirls”
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes (for very gooey brownie) to 30 minutes (for moist but not gooey brownies). I baked the one in the photos for 28 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack (Note 5). Once cooled, cut into 16 squares.
- Place the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally for the first 1 minute, then when it is heated (when you see wisps of steam), whisk constantly (leisurely, not vigorously!) for 7 minutes. It should be a very pale golden colour.
- Remove from stove and whisk for 30 seconds
- You must use chocolate for baking which you will find in the baking aisle at supermarkets.
- Nutrition per brownie, assuming you cut it into 16 squares as directed, rather than into 4 very large squares
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories334
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12.7g 64%
- Cholesterol 77mg 26%
- Sodium 301mg 13%
- Potassium 205mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
- Sugars 29.5g
- Protein 4.7g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.