Brimming with fresh berries and mint, these Ruby-Berry Cocktails are the perfect way to relax into the season’s warming weather.
- 3-Quart Saucepan
SIMPLE SYRUP, HEAT
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 12 oz. Fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries, hulled and quartered (thawed if frozen)
- 2 –3 Sprigs fresh mint
THE COCKTAILS, COMBINE
- 2 ¼ cups Club soda, chilled
- 2 cups Ruby port
- ½ cup Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh lemon, mint sprigs, and fresh raspberries or strawberries
- For the simple syrup, heat water, sugar, raspberries, and mint in a saucepan over high to a boil, crushing raspberries with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer syrup until sugar dissolves and flavors infuse, 10 minutes. Let syrup cool to room temperature; strain and discard solids. Chill syrup until ready to use.
- For the cocktails, combine club soda, port, lemon juice, and ½ cup simple syrup in a pitcher. Serve cocktails in ice-filled glasses; garnish with lemon, mint sprigs, and fresh raspberries.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories136
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 6mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.