When it comes to #trendingdiets, paleo is a big one. People who fuel their bodies on this ancestral diet eschew agricultural-era foods such as grains, legumes, and dairy. Instead, they focus their eating efforts on items such as meat, fish, eggs, fruits, nuts, seeds, and veggies that were available to our hunter-gather ancestors.
Roasted Salmon with Asparagus & Parsley Salad
- Half-Sheet Pan
- 3-Quart Saute Pan
- 9" Wire Whisk
- 9" Locking Tongs with Metal Head
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Fish Turner
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
FOR THE SALAD, WHISK
- 2 tbsp. Each white wine vinegar and olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Each minced shallots and fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. Each Dijon mustard, (such as Annie's Organic) and raw honey
- 1 Bunch asparagus (1 lb.), trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SALMON, PAT
- 4 Skinned wild salmon fillets (4–6 oz. each)
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- For the salad, whisk together vinegar, oil, shallots, tarragon, Dijon, and honey for the vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
- Blanch asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 30–60 seconds; transfer to an ice water bath to stop the cooking, then drain and pat dry.
- Toss asparagus and parsley with vinaigrette just before serving.
- For the salmon, pat fillets dry; rub both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fillets on prepared baking sheet. Roast fillets until the thickest part is still translucent and a thermometer inserted into center registers 125° for medium-rare, about 8 minutes.
- Top fillets with salad.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories332
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 75mg 25%
- Sodium 195mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 33g 66%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.