Red Wine Sangria
- Chef's knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Plastic Wrap
- Long-handled spoon or spatula
- 2 Medium apples
- 2 Medium oranges
- ½ cup Brandy
- ¼ cup Orange liquor, such as Cointreau
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle red wine
- 2-3 cup Sparkling water, chilled
- Cut up the fruit. Cut the oranges and apples into thin slices or wedges. Leave the peels on. Transfer the cut fruit to a pitcher.
- Add the brandy. Measure the brandy and pour it over the fruit.
- Add the orange liquor. Measure the orange liquor and pour it into the pitcher as well.
- Add the wine. Uncork the wine and pour it into the pitcher.
- Stir to combine. Stir the liquor, wine, and fruit together.
- Cover and refrigerate. Do not taste the sangria now; you will be disappointed! Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. The sangria gets softer, sweeter, and much more delicious overnight in the fridge.
- Top with sparkling water. When ready to serve, top off the sangria with sparkling water. Stir gently to combine. Taste and add more if desired. Scoop a few pieces of fruit into each ice-filled glass when serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories166
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
- Sodium 14mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
- Sugars 8.4g
- Protein 0.5g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.